With more than 1 billion active users, Facebook is one marketing channel that simply can’t be ignored! There is not only plenty of business to be had through Facebook, but it also serves as a means of enhancing your presence in search engines such as Google. At GO Graphics Online, we create custom designed Facebook Business Pages and focus on 2 main phases to maximise the performance of your social networking efforts.
HERE’S HOW WE DO IT:
Firstly, much like when it comes to a building a website, there’s the Design Phase. At GO Graphics Online our designers create professional, visually appealing Facebook designs, consistent with your branding and target market. Our software engineers then program the pages together to create an eye catching, modern looking Business Page, with a message of some kind to entice Facebook users to click “like” and become part of your network. Once they do, another image is then displayed which thanks people for liking your page and gets them to do two things. Firstly, to browse through your Facebook Page, and secondly, to click on a link which goes to your website. The more traffic you have going to your website, the more familiar they become with your business – plus it enhances your ranking in Google.
The next phase we like to refer to is the Content Phase. Yes, it’s important to have great photos and a good description of your business in Facebook, but there’s a whole range of things that can be done to help boost your Facebook Business Page for Search Engine Optimisation.
- Setting up the best URL (i.e. Facebook Username)
- Having keyword-rich content on your “About” text box
- Using the “Info” tab to include more important keywords, text and high priority links on your Page
- Posting direct links to your website in your Page’s stream (i.e. wall)
- Adding photos with keyword rich captions, events with good content descriptions and a discussion forum
- Getting more inbound links to your Facebook Page from the web by posting links to your Page on all your websites
- Getting more intra-Facebook inbound links by getting more Facebook fans. Again, that’s why it is important to have a good, professional custom design
- Strengthening intra-Facebook reciprocal linking, by getting fans to comment and like content in your stream
- and more…